Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Prologic Box with CP55/DA20

Author Topic: Prologic Box with CP55/DA20
Bernard Pacaud
Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2009 01:39 PM      Profile for Bernard Pacaud   Email Bernard Pacaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I'm working in an environment used both for shows and cinéma. For cinéma we use a CP55 / DA20 set up with two Century C 35mm projectors. For vidéo we have a Sanyo DLP. All sound components go through a sound patch. Thus format 10 , 60, and mag input go through the sound patch. To generate 5.1 for our different vidéo sources we use a prologic box which is plug through the sound patch at the place of format 10. Then by selecting format 10 on the CP55 we have the output of the prologic box.

I know i could use a db25 switch box to alternate between the DA20 and the prologic box. Could i use the "CP in" (db25) at the back of the DA20 to plug the prologic box?

Thank you for your help,

BP

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-02-2009 03:00 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you can use that CP input. Be sure to verify the pinouts carefully and make sure you float the shields on the DB25 connector end from your Pro logic decoder.

When the DA-20 is not in digital film mode the Pro logic signals will pass right on through.

Bernard Pacaud
Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2009 09:55 AM      Profile for Bernard Pacaud   Email Bernard Pacaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your reply. I found again the info that i needed on this web site.

BP

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-03-2009 01:12 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, glad we could help you out. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: