Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » mega system 70mm head

Author Topic: mega system 70mm head
Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 03:21 PM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be very helpful if some one can give me all the belts sizes ( timing belt)

|  IP: Logged

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 12:02 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raphael, The part numbers are in the manual. If you don't have one you can get it on Ballantynes web site. Megasystems manualOr you can call them 1-800-424-1215

I don't remember what spares you have, as your machine was installed locally by techs there in Isreal. But usually we provided a complete set of belts in the spares kit.

Rick

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-15-2009 01:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a whole 8/70 Mega System sitting here locally available on the cheap if you want spares.... Also a 15/70 system if you want a sharper/brighter image...

MArk

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2009 02:52 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to get parts from strong with no success
What I am looking for is the numbers written on the belt
There is no problem to buy them locally
I just don't want to take the belt off
Before I will be sure I can get them here in Israel

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-16-2009 08:16 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Raphael Friedland
I tried to get parts from strong with no success

That is no surprise...

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2009 11:10 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's surprising, I thought when I was there they were selling parts directly to the Megasystems theaters. Any dealer can get them for you, I don't remember the list price, but they were pricey from Strong.

Raphael, Have you changed the belts before, or are these the original? Just be aware that you have to time the intermittents when you remove belt #3.

Rick

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2009 12:31 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Rick
I was graduate at St. Agustin six years ago

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2009 12:54 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah, ok, i remember now

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-17-2009 02:12 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.pollavision.com/contactinfo.html
give Larry a call there he designed the machine

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2009 04:30 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, I didn't know Larry had a website. Larry's a good guy, give him a call. Like I said, any dealer can sell you the parts. When I get parts, I can't buy direct, so I just go through a Strong dealer.

If you just need the belt specs, let me know, I may be able to sweet talk Strong into giving me the info.

Rick

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2009 05:12 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" If you just need the belt specs, let me know, I may be able to sweet talk Strong into giving me the info."
Thank you Rick
That's what I was looking for

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: