Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Tokyo Mater short to add to Bolt on 12/12

Author Topic: Tokyo Mater short to add to Bolt on 12/12
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 12-11-2008 06:43 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious to know how many of you received the Tokyo Mater short to add to Bolt. Does anyone know if there has been any TV advertising about the short?

Our print of Bolt drops to just two shows a day starting tomorrow and adding the short would mean removing virtually all the trailers. So I'm looking for feedback.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-11-2008 06:50 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With adding this short, I would extend your show times to keep your trailer length the same.

Just one of those mandatory things from the "House of Mouse."

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2008 06:54 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were warned when we got our bookings Monday that the running time of Bolt would be extended by 7 minutes because of the short, and if necessary, adjust our showtimes accordingly.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 12-11-2008 07:27 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had originally planned to drop Bolt this week and then Disney came back and asked us to hold a couple matinee shows. I didn't even know about the short until it showed up on Tuesday - after showtimes had already been sent off to newspapers and what not.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 12-11-2008 07:33 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin, yup, I just saw a TV ad for the short tonight. Guess they want to give BOLT longer legs.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-11-2008 10:24 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, great little short and even better in 3-D!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2008 07:37 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Newspaper display ads include a definite mention of the short.

Benny Walters
Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2008 06:56 PM      Profile for Benny Walters   Email Benny Walters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We added it to our 35mm Print of Bolt last night. I don't think it is going to do much to increase our attendance though, I think Madagascar outdid Bolt like 2:1 or 3:1 even in Bolt's opening week.

I am interested to watch it though, Pixar's shorts are usually very entertaining.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-13-2008 12:27 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This short is worth all of the other PIXAR shorts that they have in their library - excellent to watch again.

..would love to see this one in 3D though....but, guess time will tell when I can...

-monte

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2008 10:15 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the short by accident. One of the theater staff had opened the FedX envelope, realized it wasn't something for the front office and then stuck it on top of a pile of "stuff" that was just sitting around.
I found it late last night while leaving the theater, and I'm off until Tuesday-- so it will probably sit there till then, since I'm the only one who usually deals with this sort of thing.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2008 12:29 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shh! Jim! Shhhhhh! Disney finds out, they'll abduct your cat in retaliation. [Eek!]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-14-2008 09:06 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or they might come and pull your print for "contract violation" since you aren't playing everything you're supposed to play. I'd get that short added post-haste.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: