Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bluetooth Serial Adaptors

Author Topic: Bluetooth Serial Adaptors
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-28-2008 06:34 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious to know if anyone has used this type of adaptor yet and how well they work with the common gear we are typically working with these days. Thanks in advance for any input on this!

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Mike Babb
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2008 10:57 AM      Profile for Mike Babb   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Babb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I have a little teeny bluetooth/USB adapter that allows me to connect to my phone, then to the internet via that, it works but occasionally drops connection, not sure which side loses connection but I'd certainly worry about connecting and specifically upgrading software via bluetooth...having said that, I'd also be curious to know if anyone has had experience using it reliably...

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-29-2008 12:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea Mike... The connectivity reliability was exactly what I was wondering about. Some of the adaptors claim a 300 foot range... The one I'm getting does so we'll see how well it works. Entire stores are connecting their POS systems this way with very reliable results.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: