Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need help with my nonsync music. Playing during presentation

Author Topic: Need help with my nonsync music. Playing during presentation
Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2008 02:27 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 5 screens and 3 of them are hooked into a nonsynce intermission music system. I have to manually change them from nonsync to film but otherwise the all normally work fine. I have noticed recently that in screen 3 the music is playing from the speaker behind the screen while the movie is playing. No changes have been made to cause it to do this that i am aware of. Has anybody had this happen before or know how it can be fixed.

Equipment:
JWin DVD player plays the music cds
Smart music distribution da226 relays the music to the screens
Screen 3 has a
Kintek KT-1044 monitor
Digimate 1110 dual amplifier
Kintek KT 1002 processor

Thank you for your answers

|  IP: Logged

Fred Tucker
Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2008 06:05 PM      Profile for Fred Tucker   Email Fred Tucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Normally the sound format is changed by the projector's automation, which type do you have?

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2008 09:54 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Does the non-sync sound continue to play INSTEAD OF the film sound or does the non-sync BLEED THROUGH during the film?

These are two very different problems.

Thanks
KEN

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-23-2008 10:41 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless there was a change in grounding (even due to a loose or corroded conection) I would suspect that there is an issue with either the VCA or solid state switch on the NS input of the processors

Fred Tucker
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2008 12:35 AM      Profile for Fred Tucker   Email Fred Tucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He said he has to manually change from nonsync to film, that screams automation to me or a bad connection between the two.

Donna Sylvester
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2008 12:43 AM      Profile for Donna Sylvester   Author's Homepage   Email Donna Sylvester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had that happen last week as well, during Pride & Glory. No problems this week (Madagascar 2) or at any other time in the past. At my place, the sound just switched over to non-sync and Movie Tunes started playing during the movie.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 11-24-2008 02:03 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a Kintek processor.. may just be failing components and a warning that a total breakdown is imminent.. that processor is what, about 20+ years old now?

Does anyone still service those? I would imagine that if parts and a schematic were available it could probably be repaired.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-24-2008 02:44 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, Kinteks are a long ago dinosaurs that have no parts available and no support for these units.

Yet, what's more intresting that some cinemas who've converted to more updated sound processing, have managed to shove their obsolete Kinteks in their storage rooms for whatever reason or another.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: