Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ouestion about CP500 Bypass mode

Author Topic: Ouestion about CP500 Bypass mode
Todd Shelskt
Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2008 09:34 AM      Profile for Todd Shelskt   Email Todd Shelskt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I had to briefly go into the Bypass sound mode yesterday, but the volume was way too high! I saw that there was a level adjustment on the 682 card, but it didn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

|  IP: Logged

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2008 10:00 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out page 5-16 of an actual CP-500 manual,
or page 53 of the PDF copy that's on the Film-Tech
website.

Todd Shelskt
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Todd Shelskt   Email Todd Shelskt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Jim. Appreciate it!

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-28-2008 07:07 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that the trimmer set the level so you'll have the "same" level when you switch from normal to bypass, but you can always adjust the volume with the main knob, even if the processor is in bypass mode.

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-02-2008 07:21 AM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can only adjust the bypass level with the main knob on the latest versions of firmware. Also keep in mind that to modify the bypass level via the CAT 682 card pot you need to spin it a good number of turns before you notice any difference. It doesnīt respond like the main knob, so donīt be afraid to turn and turn and turn!

Todd Shelskt
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2008 01:27 AM      Profile for Todd Shelskt   Email Todd Shelskt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Andres and Marco!

Yes, we have older CP500 units. I'm trying to think if I ever actually tried the main volume control when in bypass (it looks disengaged). The level hasn't been a problem until now.

That helps with the adjustment on the 682 card. I turned it a couple of times and thought I might have overdone it. I guess not!

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-11-2008 04:40 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you'll not see the numbers on the fader display but (with the latest software as Andres says - I didn't know) it works the same.

Marco

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: