Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Recomended pricing for booth euipment?

Author Topic: Recomended pricing for booth euipment?
Chris Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2008 11:25 AM      Profile for Chris Chambers   Email Chris Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys!

I joined this forum as I need some help.I work for a Dinner Theater in Helen Georgia that bought a full projector system before I came to work there.The owner now wants me to look after getting this stuff sold and I have no clue exactly what I have,let alone what it all would be worth,as in a fair asking price.

Here is the list:

Century SA Projector
Christie AM-5 Automation Module
CP45 Cinema Processor
Christie AutoWind 3(I guess this is called a platter???)
Norelco Anamorphotic Kiptar 2X(a lens of some sort Im assuming)

I think that is everything.As far as I know everything is working,I just need to know how I would go about selling it(ebay,this forums classified section,other forums) and for how much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Chris

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-17-2008 12:02 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, "welcome to the Forums! Pull up a chair and stay for awhile"

Second, read this: RULE #7 Teaser subject headers / to start a new topic. Do NOT use "teaser" subject headers.

Some forums you can get away with this, but here, we have more strict rules, thus we need a more clear topic title so we don't have to be left in the dark with your question or subject matter.

Thus, please change it to what is exactly your question - for example: "Recommend price of booth equipment", or similar.

good luck - monte

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2008 12:09 PM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, enter those names into eBay and see if there's stuff already listed and range around those prices. Unless anyone else here knows good prices for those (we'll probably need pictures to help price). I've always worked for a big chain. We mainly get equipment by cannibalizing a theatre of ours that closes. I'm not sure where smaller house chains get their equipment, but there's a lot of guys here with personal theatres built up from eBay. Best of luck!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-17-2008 12:15 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or, call up you local supplier and they help you on retail pricings. For, if they buy it, they'll give less.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-17-2008 12:55 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You probably also have a lamphouse (boxy thing behind the projector head that produces light) with rectifier (boxy thing that converts AC power to DC for the lamphouse), a base (heavy metal thing on which the projector and lamphouse sit), and a makeup table for the platter (looks like a table with a pole and some rollers attached to it). There is also probably a rewind table and some ancillary equipment (splicer, reels, etc.) in the booth.

As for selling the stuff, the easiest method would be to call a cinema equipment supplier who deals in used equipment and have him come out, remove the equipment, and write you a check. This will not get you the best price. You could try calling whoever did the installation as a starting point.

A more time-consuming option would be to take a bunch of pictures and post the information in the for-sale section of this forum. A local buyer would be best, due to the weight and bulk of the equipment.

As for value, you could probably legitimately ask $3-5k for everything if it is in great condition, set up, and operable, but prices keep dropping since so many theatres have closed in the last decade or so and there is plenty of used equipment on the market. Obviously, the price would be significantly lower if the equipment is a pile of parts in a basement and not installed and working in a booth.

BTW, be careful with the lamphouse--xenon bulbs can explode and should be treated with care.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 11-17-2008 01:50 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good advice all around Scott.

There is a big glut of equipment these days so it will take some effort to move this out. Definitely take pictures.

Chris Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2008 03:18 PM      Profile for Chris Chambers   Email Chris Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!Thanks so much guys for the help so far.

You are correct Scott,I do have all of things you mentioned.It has not been set up and running in at least 2 years so that may be a problem.

I will definately start looking for an equipment provider,and will probably put it in the classifieds just in case.

Thanks again!

Chris

Shane Lipe
Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2008 02:10 AM      Profile for Shane Lipe   Email Shane Lipe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my name is Shane and I REALLY need to read the rules before I get my ass booted off of here.

[ 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 02:40 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that you do, for this forum isn't like those car/nonsense forums where they have rules, but gets broken all the time.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-19-2008 02:55 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Shane Lipe
Hi, my name is Shane and I REALLY need to read the rules before I get my ass booted off of here.

That's really funny...oh, and true Grand-Poopie-BAH!

(I hope Shane takes the "hint") [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: