Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Recycle trailers with returned film prints

Author Topic: Recycle trailers with returned film prints
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-06-2008 05:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to a note received from NATO, it's now OK to send back your used or un-needed trailers with your films. You can send back any trailers from any distributors in any film cans.

I don't know if this results in trailers being placed back into the pool for shipment to theatres, or if they just get recycled...but either way it's better than throwing them in the landfill.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-06-2008 11:40 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TECH had this recycle procedure for quite the time now - I just roll all the used trailers on a small core to the size of a reel, wind them up tight, in the can, and zip them out that way.

Guess DFS will now do the same...

Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2008 01:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am doing the Same thing here and have been for the last tree Months. The guy before me used to throw out the used trailers but saved all the rest. not to mention all the commercials that don't make it on to the movies I was Winding film up for a month before I got it all into cakes. I still have quite a few cakes to go out. I might take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-07-2008 01:04 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's great unless you receive a circuited print that has a can load of trailers.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-07-2008 02:00 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..that's when you don't do the trailer roll in that film since you know it's a circuit.

But, if is a circuit..oh well... Maybe the next theatre that gets those cans with the rolls might catch on of this procedure.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-07-2008 02:08 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't trust Deluxe to deal with this properly. We can't even get them to pick up damaged reels that we swapped out despite repeated phone calls. They'd probably just take the trailers and throw them away or just leave them in the can.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: