Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Close couplers for lenses

Author Topic: Close couplers for lenses
Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2008 08:11 AM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to use a 55mm Isco Ultra MC with a Blue Star anamorphic and am looking for a close coupler. Schneider has listed item # SK4033 to use with 55mm Super Cinelux 35 and WA Cinelux anamorphs. Will this work?
Bob

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-04-2008 11:38 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope...Schneider and ISCO lenses don't use the same couplers at all. If any of them match, it would be by luck, not design. Especially, the Super Cineluxes. The SCs all have the same threaded end from 24mm up to 47.5mm. Note, this means you can do 16mm scope down to 24mm!...but I digress.

The 55mm Ultra-MC is designated as "Not recommended, will vignette." when used with the standard Ultra Anamorphic attachment. It is likely it will not work better with the Blue-Star. I don't have the part number you need handy but they normally are black in color and were used primarily to couple the lens to an MagnaCom 65 attachment.

Steve

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: