Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cooling Fans!

Author Topic: Cooling Fans!
Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2008 12:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
Well these Chinese pieces of [bs] have struck again! This time the cooling fan has died or so I think. While installed it makes noise like it is jammed up and having a hard time moving but when I remove it it spins freely and is not wobbly in the box at all. We are going to replace it but I was wondering if anyone has a lead on where to get good cooling fans. We are checking Granger but can't seem to find an exact match. The biggest hurdle is the motor is located inside the wheel not on the outside of it so It is hard to get a matching unit.

The dimensions are:
Wheel Diamiter 3 3/4"
Wheel Width 1 5/8"
Overall Width 2 1/8"
Overall Height 5 1/2"
Overall Depth 5 1/2"
the opening is
2" wide
1 3/4"deep
1 height

it is a 110 unit with 2200 RPM
Single phase I believe...

The unit I took Off also had an extra component screwed on and wired in line with the black wire! Here is a picture.

-

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-15-2008 01:13 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm..the run capacitor... Where's this fan located..in the console, or on the machine itself?

Would this Blower from Grainger be close to your specs needed?

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-15-2008 01:39 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look for a match under EBM Papst motors....they are the most copied and the originator of the "motor on the spindle" concept. Sold worldwide.

Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We saw that motor Monte but their were a couple others that were closer. sorry I don't have the links. the fan is located inside the back end of the Projector just under the lamp house with a periscope extention blowing right at the back end of the lamp th opening of the fan is pointed up and is set flush to the back of the projector. Please excuse the rough drawing but I hope you get the picture...

I----------
I.../
IF ( Lamp
II..\
II----------
Ib
I
I----------

Thanks for the lead Richard I will check that out.

After a quick check I think I found it but it has no flange to mount it but I think I can fabricate that. Thanks again!

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-15-2008 01:34 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, that was a cool drawing. [Smile]

How many screens do you have? I swear I'm gonna locate some other machines for you to end this madness!! [Big Grin]

Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2008 01:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 but this is something we all go through... thanks for caring!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: