Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Pinout for DOLBY CAT 280

Author Topic: Pinout for DOLBY CAT 280
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2008 04:12 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI,

Does anybody know pinout for cat 280's, I did look in manual section but CP50/100/200 schematic are poor scanned and I can't tell number on block diagram. Best would be if someone have schematic and to take photo or scan page with pinouts maybe. So I want to know what pin is used for supply, input, output....and does need anything more to work in playback, normally with "A" jumper cut. One more thing, I don't have original frame, so I will not having level meter like cat 109 have, but for normal decoding there should be 300mV RMS level on input when playing cat 69T on machine?

|  IP: Logged

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 10-12-2008 09:51 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Cat. No 280 Spectral Recording Module User Information" doesn't have useful pinouts, except perhaps for pins A, C, and D (external pink noise, auto compare sync, and auto compare status).

I think it should be compatible with the Cat. 22 on these things (in the CP50 manual), or you could find a manual for the 360, 361, or M frame...

Oh, I guess you don't have the CP50/etc. manual. Here's one from the CP100 manual.
An image is not so helpful with the 550 pixel width restriction:
 -

Here's a PDF of page 10.2. Hopefully that's OK with the moderators.

Reading it, it appears that (15) is +24V, (16)(T) are ground, (10) is input, (12)(N) are line output, from (11) which is the line input. (3) is the dolby tone switch (ground for on). (2) is the meter output. (6) is "output 1, which is before the first adder, so probably useless. (4) is output 2, which is probably a decent output.

I guess the line amp stage is seperate from the real NR stage, so (12) is useless unless you feed an input in on (11). And the line amp needs power on (14).

Hmm, I'm trying to avoid reading through the whole chapter on this thing...

--jhawk

[ 10-13-2008, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2008 04:12 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!

Thanks A LOT for better resolution scan!

If it won't be problem and if you have....could you scan it with higher resolution, a block diagram of CP50, that is page 31 of CP50 schematic in manual section.

Thanks!!

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 10-17-2008 12:26 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go, sorry for the delay. First the "joke":

-

And then the PDF (if the moderators would be so kind again...?)

For the detail-oriented, this scan omits the word "CP50" in the bottom right-hand corner (you can see the cut-off "C") because it didn't fit on my 11"x17" scanner, and I didn't really want to drag out a camera and lighting and a tripod...

--jhawk

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: