Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Magna-Tech Norelco FP20

Author Topic: Magna-Tech Norelco FP20
Steven Heldt
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2008 10:32 PM      Profile for Steven Heldt   Email Steven Heldt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to All,

Sometime ago, I purchased a Magna-Tech modified Norelco FP20 telecine projector (MT serial # 17, Norelco serial # 1100). I am trying to get this thing up and running but have encountered some problems. Most of the problems are due to the fact that all the operator controls were missing when I bought it. So now I am trying to figure out how to wire this beast up. I read some earlier posts about this projector which helped me solved a few problems. I hooked up 110 ac to the feed and takeup torque motors and they work fine (although I would like to lower the torque if I knew what to add to the motor circuit). By using the diode circuit board mounted inside, I was able to get the torque motor brakes to work.

The big problem I have is the main drive motor, it runs too fast. I hooked up 110 AC to the motor and startup capacitor, it runs okay, but it runs way faster than 24fps (maybe around 30-35fps). I don't know what additional electronic controls I would need, or perhaps the motor pulley or the intermittent pulley are not the right size (I did put on a new standard FP20 drive belt and it fit fine).

I also wondered how to get it to go in reverse, since Magna_Tech modified it for that purpose. The solenoid that pushes the skate out works fine but I don't know how to get the motor to reverse.

If anyone has any info to help me solve this problem, I would be most appreciated. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Richard B. Perrine
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2008 10:11 PM      Profile for Richard B. Perrine   Email Richard B. Perrine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if you can send me some picture of the machine....so that I can see what you've got. I can pull some of the MTE prints that I have.

-

[ 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Steven H. Krams
Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2008 06:51 AM      Profile for Steven H. Krams   Email Steven H. Krams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest calling the MTE office 305 573 7339. Perhaps we can help. Generally most Telecine machines were fitted with 1200 RPM 3 phase sync motors perhaps changing the pulley has caused your speed problem.

There is a unique and special control system for this machine.

Steven Krams
Magna-Tech Electronic Co. Inc.
305 573 7339

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: