Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » MagnaTech 2000 Series dubber manuals.. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: MagnaTech 2000 Series dubber manuals..
Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-23-2008 02:01 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a spare copy laying around? I have tried the links in the "Manuals" section here, but keep getting a message "Cannot Open" despite using the latest browsers and Adobe reader...

Edited to add: I would like to BUY a copy from someone, not borrow to avoid any misunderstandings over return timeframes.

Or maybe Brad can give me insight as to what I need to do to get the download to work...I've never had trouble getting any other manuals. [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-23-2008 05:00 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
The error appears to be a file retrieval error. I will look at it when I get home in a couple of hours.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-23-2008 05:06 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Adam! [thumbsup]

Adam Martin

- posted 09-23-2008 05:51 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Fixed.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-23-2008 07:20 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, great service here..Adam, many thanks... it worked like a charm. [thumbsup] [beer]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-23-2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh.

No Phil, you don't need to post here.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-23-2008 08:36 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? Grand-Poopie-BAH, your post is like my ceiling...over my head... [Razz]

***IF*** you're referring to Adam's "service"... I've always found it to be "adequate"... YIKES! [Razz]

(I KNOW I'll PAY for that comment at some future time! HA!)

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-23-2008 09:09 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you need the schematics you have to purchase the service manual from MagnaTech

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-23-2008 09:19 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man, what have I started here? [evil]

Phil, you never disappoint me.. [Big Grin]

It was only after I saw Brad's post I realized I had left a loaded statement out there. [Roll Eyes]

I thankfully have a possibility of getting the connection pinouts locally, or I'll have to pay M-T for it....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-23-2008 09:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh geez you did it again. You really need to watch what you say around the children, Tony.

And by children, I mean Phil.

Adam Martin

- posted 09-23-2008 09:30 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
I KNOW I'll PAY for that
Hmm ... I was under the impression that you ALWAYS pay for it. [evil] [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-23-2008 09:38 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Adam, how true...Santa Monica Blvd male hookers are getting expensive... [Razz]

David Boyd
Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2008 05:56 AM      Profile for David Boyd   Email David Boyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked with these at the NFT in London and could probably get your pin outs for you as they had some work done on them a couple of months ago, so the information may well be freshly available.

David.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-24-2008 10:15 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A word of caution there are many versions of the magnatech control system and many 3rd party mods of the control system and also the inovonics and the westrex/cinmag preamps were often retrofited to them

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-24-2008 11:58 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad: You're right of course. Phil can make ANYTHING dirty. [Big Grin]

Phil: I thought I saw you on Santa Monica Blvd. last week. [Razz]

David: I would appreciate getting those pinouts from you..were the units you dealt with equipped with Magn-Tech control modules? (The same ones as shown in the online manual?) Could you PM that info or do we need to go thru the postal syatem? PM me and we'll arrange it, I can pay for the postage/copies.

Gordon: Thanks for the heads-up. These units are equipped with the same M-T controls as shown in the manual here on F-T (many thanks again to Adam and Brad for that)as are the pre-amps. So hopefully there won't be compatibility issues. But there is always the possibility of surprises..

The dubbers I'm dealing with were actually set up nicely, both the audio and the Interlock busses were set up on umbilicals with ELKO(?) connectors ( The rectangular kind with gold, flat pins and made in up to 91+ pin versions) and really cool engraved wall plates with the mating sockets.

I have one installed at UC Irvine and one is currently in my garage in storage.

Once I get the encoders installed and this thing operational at UC Irvine, I'll put up pics in the Pictures section for all to see. [Smile]

Thanks to everone helping me out with this, and to Phil for the comic relief. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: