Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with Philips FP3

Author Topic: Help with Philips FP3
Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2008 09:10 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
Been a long time I don't post anything here but i'm back for a little bit..

I'm in the need for information about the Philips ( or norelco) FP3 portable projector regarding it's optical system and bulb used in them and also regarding the presence or not of a flywheel on the intermittent assembly.
I'm currently working on one of these projectors and it came in in a very poor condition with many gross modifications and mutilations, tho it's somewhat operational.
Pictures of it's internals, ( many of them if possible) are ver welcome specially of the "gear side" of the machine.
Another question is regarding parts for it.. if someone knows where to look for them,mostly intermittent sprocket and film gate ( this part in these projectors are made of wood!) or if there is any alternative for these parts, specially the film gate.

Whoever had this machine waaay before it came to me, ruined most of it by cutting holes in the gear-side door for a external lamp assembly and removed all of the optical system it had, from all the condensers,heat filters, etc, only a small mirror was left. the lamp assembly came from don't know wich projector.
Because these holes on the door are of about 4" in diameter ( one was for light passage.. the other for a cooling fan), I'm thinking about trying to find either an old Orcon ( one small blue vertical lamphouse for xenon bulbs with attached reflectors)or a Cinemeccanica vertical lamphouses and try the best to match any of these with the machine. ( is being my intention switch the projector to xenon, instead of the common incandescent bulgs used in other projectors (mostly 16mm) .
I'll need a little help on the lamp part too, if possible..

Thank you..

Luciano

|  IP: Logged

Gerard Bierling
Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2008 03:15 PM      Profile for Gerard Bierling   Email Gerard Bierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you are looking for this:
http://gallery.filmvorfuehrer.de/view_album.php?set_albumName=philipsfp3

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2008 08:20 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh,very nice!
That's what I was looking for. and what I need to do in the projector I have here ( mine's state isn't nowhere near the state of the one show in those pictures, it's all destroyed [Frown] )

Thanks a lot for pointing to that site Gerard.

For now I nned to look for the sprocket shaft,upper film guide, film gate ,intermittent sprocket,motor belt, and belt tension roller.

This projector is small and simple.. but seems it'll give more work than any big projector I had to deal with before ..

Luciano

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: