Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christies M35GP's

Author Topic: Christies M35GP's
Shawn Pearson
Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2008 12:26 AM      Profile for Shawn Pearson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good evening everyone. Was just curious as to if anyone has a digital copy of the Christie M35GP manual. My Google searches have not come up with anything so I figured I would ask here. The booth I just took over has P35's as well but from what I have been able to gather not all parts are compatible.

Thanks to Film-Tech I at least have manuals for all the other equipment. None to be found before. [Eek!]

Might as well toss another question in here as well. Does anyone know of any test film that has a rotating test tone that cycles between each speaker (L, C, R, SL, SR, etc)? Seem to be receiving many complaints of no surrounds. Getting good sounds across the moniters in the booth so I'm trying to narrow down the issue.

Thanks a ton from a newly promoted booth manager. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2008 12:57 AM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try the search function, it works really good

WOW NEATO!!!

Cat.1011 Dolby Digital channel identification test film

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2008 01:26 AM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the surround issue, most customers are ignorant towards the actual function of surround speakers due to "home theater" and believe that they should be outputting constantly. This is the source of the vast majority of sound complaints, in my experience. People want to hear dialogue coming at them from the back wall, because some salesman fleeced them into making their TV do this, and they have to believe the system they spent hundreds of dollars on is right and our professional systems are wrong. [Roll Eyes]

Shawn Pearson
Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2008 08:13 AM      Profile for Shawn Pearson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree on the surround issue but my GM wants to check it out anyway. He has been going so far as to move prints around as of late.

Tristan, I did search but apparently I constricted the search terms to much. I do apologize. Thank you for the link to the information I needed.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-24-2008 01:38 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a simple way to check your surrounds and you don't need any test film to do it. Just use the feature you have playing in that auditorium. While it is running turn off all the amps except the amp for the surrounds. Now go into the auditorium and see if you hear anything coming out of the surrounds. If you do then they are working. Remember if you are playing in digital sound that there will be surrounds only if it is mixed to that specific channel. With analog it can have presence with bleed over from the other channels but it shouldn't be over powering.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: