Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Where to place cue at the end of Tropic Thunder ?

Author Topic: Where to place cue at the end of Tropic Thunder ?
Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2008 02:48 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone can give me info on where to put the cue for the end of the movie on tropic thunder.

Thx

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-15-2008 07:38 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe right before the blue ratings band i dunno

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2008 10:12 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which cue?

Lighting Cue?
End Cue?

If you mean the lighting cue, I've held mine until just after The Tom Cruise screen credit, and the credit-roll-on-black starts.

Where my theater puts its' lighting cue is often dictated by what type of patrons it attracts.

For example, in other auditoriums where "Mama Mia" and "Viki Christina, Barcelona" are playing- - we bring the lights up ASAP, since in my area these movies are attracting an older crowd who have trouble navigating the aisles in the dark and it becomes a liability issue.

I actually had a little old lady come up to me the other day and say "it's so dark in here".

I wanted to scream "LADY! IT'S A FRIGGN' MOVIE THEATER!!!!" but I managed to restrain myself.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-16-2008 12:06 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, every once-in-awhile it's good to scream it out....very theraputic and it's better than taking to drinking.

Me, I would say, in a very calm voice and adding a British accent, "Ah....I see; you must be from the Philistine party. You see, madam, leaving during the credits is like getting up and walking out of a dinner party after you've taken your fill of the feast, but while your host is giving a thank you toast. And yes, we do keep the theatre quite dark as a courtesy to folk like you, so you can sneak away without embarrassing your uncooth, sorry ass." [evil]

And that's why my assistant keeps me either locked in my office or locked up in the booth whenever there are patrons around. [Big Grin]

Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2008 01:28 AM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My local cinema put the lights-up cue in the middle of the first credit sequence (dancing with clips from the rest of the movie), about 20 seconds after the 'directed by' text came up. In my opinion though, they should have left it until the screen turns black right before the main credit crawl, as most of the patrons stayed to see the initial credit sequence.

Many movies these days have a short bit of credits, often with graphics, live-action, or sometimes out-takes along with the credits. In my opinion, the lights should only come up when all this is over - i.e. when there's nothing more to see but the main credit crawl.
The exception is when there's a surprise extra scene after the credit crawl. Most patrons will have left by then because they don't know about it, so you might as well bring the lights up there [Razz]

Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2008 02:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to put lights up as soon as the first of any credit is up that way people can leave at there leaser (they are going to any ways) also our lights up cue is only light up mid not full. Full lights happen at the end blue. Lights up mid doesn't really disturb the clarity of the screen (at least not as much as the folks walking out in front of you does). So I just go for it and put it at the beginning credits.

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2008 12:52 AM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Tropic Thunder when I built it. My cue was put when the very first credit hit the screen on the start of Tom Cruise (was it him?) solo dance sequence in the office.

Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 10:01 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At tropic thunder i put the cretid cue when credit-roll-on-black starts.

Same in mamma mia, some cinema had the cretid cue in the start of this two end songs but i put the credit cue after that when credit-roll-on-black starts (when thank you for the music song starts)

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 11:37 PM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put it so the lights raised as soon as "directed by" hit the screen, and the last to where you get about 2 seconds of blue screen at the end.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: