Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The Clone War EX (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Clone War EX
David Stone
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 04:22 AM      Profile for David Stone   Email David Stone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a heads up for anyone screenig The Clone Wars in Dolby Digital EX. The film Distributor in Australia advised me that the Flags have been left off the EX track. Anyone with a SA10 with a 814A card will need to set the rotary switch from 5 (for a CP65) to F. Otherwise the EX won't come on. Naturally you will need to reboot the SATIN BOX (SA10) for this to work. [LIST]

Cheers,

David.

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy M Smith
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 04:33 AM      Profile for Jeremy M Smith   Email Jeremy M Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks but could you tell me what dolby digital ex is??

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 08-08-2008 09:19 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EX = Has an extra rear channel matrixed in to the rear surrounds.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Slycord
EX = Has an extra rear channel matrixed in to the rear surrounds.
Was this meant to be a center ch between the existing rear surrounds or a new surround ch behind the existing surrounds moving the existing surrounds forward?

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 12:00 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The EX channel is Surround Center. The final channel alignment is L,C,R,SL,SC,SR,Sub

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 01:37 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Stone
Cheers,

David.

Hey, David!!!

Welcome to Film-Tech. [thumbsup]

As far as The Clone Wars, is it just me or is there an incredible amount of dis-interest in this title considering we've less than a week to go before it opens?

Caravan Of Courage II? [Wink]

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2008 05:06 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably since it looks cheesy as hell. There would be more fanfare if it was released 10 years ago since the animation looks very 80s-90sish.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2008 07:17 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Wilson
Caravan Of Courage II?
Actually, there was a Caravan of Courage II. It was called EWOKS: THE BATTLE FOR ENDOR. It was slightly less worse than CARAVAN OF COURAGE.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 07:45 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ignore the existence of any Star Wars film that doesn't make it to the cinema screen. (And also some that did make it.)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 09:41 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Clone Wars, is it just me or is there an incredible amount of dis-interest in this title considering we've less than a week to go before it opens?
I was thinking the same thing. I was amazed there wasn't an enclosure trailer for it with The Dark Knight.

As of right now, the most common thing I'm hearing from people over 12 is a sort of eye-rolling comment, "They're making another Star Wars?"

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 10:57 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, week 5 of The Dark Knight...will we give the largest house to TDK or this Star Wars knock-off?

Methinks it will be TDK.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 11:13 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You picked well John.

I am told that Lucas is pulling the same nonsense with Drive-Ins as he has done with his other SW titles, demanding his own absurd booking terms. He's even questioning indoors that don't meet what he considers "fair grosses," whatever that is. Me thinks he will be happy if he gets any grosses off this no-interest bomb. Hey, is this in 3D? Wasn't he the one gonna go back and 3Dize all his OLD stuff? But not his new stuff? Makes about as much sense as everything else he's done.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2008 02:46 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ignore the existence of any Star Wars film that doesn't make it to the cinema screen.
Here in the states, CARAVAN OF COURAGE didn't make it into theaters either.

I saw this today at one of those crazy promo-screenings where they give out passes on the radio and stuff. It's not bad at all. The audience reaction was generally positive, but not overwhelming.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 08:02 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Schindler
Here in the states, CARAVAN OF COURAGE didn't make it into theaters either.
I knew I should have moved there years ago. [thumbsup]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-09-2008 10:50 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Angel
Hey, is this in 3D? Wasn't he the one gonna go back and 3Dize all his OLD stuff? But not his new stuff?
Well if you remember, this movie is really a tee-vee show that is being released in theatres because that's the best way to release something. I'm just surprised there's not more promotional effort from Warners behind it...unless they signed away most of their profit to George (likely) and don't give a crap.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: