Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need Dolby info. for "THE PRINCE OF TIDES"-1991

Author Topic: Need Dolby info. for "THE PRINCE OF TIDES"-1991
Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2008 04:58 AM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello folks,

I have been looking for info. regarding the soundtrack type of the Streisand film "THE PRINCE OF TIDES" from 1991.

I have seen a print which is stated to be Dolby A on the Rank lab cans (UK print). I have only screened this in Dolby A.
There is info on imdb suggesting that this had Dolby SR also?

Is there an on-line listing where I can confirm is this was a dual inventory Dolby A/SR release?

Was the amount of SR prints in the early 1990:s limited and only for selected grand openings?
Anyone which can supply info. about how many prints this title opened with in the US in 1991?

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you in advance,

Jerry

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-18-2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea why a movie like this back then would have an SR track. Should sound fine in A regardless.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: