Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » FilmTech FILMGUARD and Kelmar (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FilmTech FILMGUARD and Kelmar
Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2008 05:53 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any information as how to use the filmguard with the Kelmar system?

I would like to know how much product needs to be applied ?
How often do i need to coat a movie ?
Once a roll is used can it be re-used ?

Any information with pictures maybe would be appreciated.\
Thx

Rene F.

|  IP: Logged

Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2008 05:59 PM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rene,
Click on the PRODUCTS tab at the top left of the page and click on Film Guard. It's will get you up to date.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-27-2008 06:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to the instruction sheet that came with the bottle?

What is your specific situation regarding number of cleaners vs. screens in the building? (BTW, if you just do a search this has been discussed dozens of times.)

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-27-2008 07:45 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are also countless topics on the subject here in the Film Handler's Forum...there was even one just a couple of weeks ago. Do a search for Apply Filmguard and see what turns up.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-27-2008 07:55 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The included sheet is pretty wordy, and most people cannot read. Perhaps we should come up with a new sheet with pictures and captions. More detail can be on the back.

I have seen and heard of too many people using FilmTech FILMGUARD in an incorrect manner. It angers me.

Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2008 08:32 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the old projectionist trashed the manual [Mad]

I just need to know how often you have to use it and how to properly apply the filmguard to the roller. Other than that i'm almost sure that I'm doing it right.

You guys should make a little video and explain everything, would be really nice

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-27-2008 08:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever Joe makes another road trip down to Rockwall and stays for a few days, we will make a few instructional videos. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to shoot and edit them, but Joe is very fast and could take the tapes back to CO and knock it out. [Wink]

Current instruction sheet with simplified instructions.

Older instruction sheet with pictures and more detailed instructions.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2008 07:02 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[bruce]

EDIT: Do not drink this product. It will not help your films in any way if used in this manner.

EDIT II: Just be glad that you cant see the sprayer on the top of that bottle. Not pretty.

WHICH IS WORSE? The above as an avatar, or the one I have now?

[ 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Bruce McGee ]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-28-2008 07:49 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chug, Bruce, Chug!

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 05-29-2008 08:37 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, maybe you need to create instructions similar to the "kiss your ass goodbye" graphic ones that are done for airline safety cards or perhaps travel yourself to each booth that uses Film Guard and do the Vulcan Mind Meld on operators who can't read. [Roll Eyes]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-29-2008 09:56 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean the ones with the people who are all calm and smiling because the plane is spiraling downward and they are all about to die?

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 05-29-2008 02:06 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing complicated about Film Guard is the alternate ways people seem to want to use it. The instructions, based on its intended use, are fine. I'm an old pfart, and I had no problems... after I found my reading glasses.

These threads are amusing... kind of like the one that discussed all the ways you can thread a projector... up... or down... 870 posts! [Razz]

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-29-2008 03:58 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-29-2008 04:04 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Projection Safety Card:
 -

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 05-29-2008 05:48 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 points Mike, ten freakin' points.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: