Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CineQ Automation Help

Author Topic: CineQ Automation Help
Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2008 04:20 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 3 CineQ Automation unit and someone changed the default password on us. I'm the new guy here and i need to access the install part of the CineQ. Is there anyone in here that can help me reset the password or has a was to a backdoor of some sort ?

I managed to reset the #3 with the reset instructions inside the unit but the #1 doesn't have a reset button and the #2 doesn't react to the reset procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-18-2008 08:24 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CineQ wrote at least two different versions of their 'operating system.' The one for Famous Players was much different than the one I used. The version I know uses the date to calculate a backdoor password. They have gone out of business, and since their main software guy has completely disappeared there's not much support.

Assuming that the two versions are the same in that regard, it's probably not a good idea to describe the procedure on a public forum. A well-meaning, but inexperienced person might get into the setup screens and mess something up.

If you are not able to get in soon, please email me using the feature here and I will find it and send it to you.

Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2008 11:52 AM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to get in touch with a guy that used to work for Globalmic inc. and he gave me the way to get in the backdoor. Thx for your reply ! [Big Grin]

All is fixed and all is well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: