Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie 4k problems

Author Topic: Christie 4k problems
John Pensky
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2008 03:49 PM      Profile for John Pensky   Email John Pensky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I have an older house that has a 3k lamphouse that had a 4k conversion MANY years ago. The bulb and reflector are less than a year old and the picture is FAR from perfect. Ater a film has been running for about an hour, I will check on the show only to see it looks as if it flickering, the AMP meter is runing at only 1000 when it usally runs at 1500. and when i stare the show it runs the previews and i would guess the first half the movie at 1500. Im wondering if im looking at a power supply problem. The Power Supply is a CC40, says it is for 4000 bulbs so thats a good sign. Any help and ideas would be great!
Thanks,
John

|  IP: Logged

Brian Guckian
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2008 05:43 PM      Profile for Brian Guckian   Email Brian Guckian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a problem with one of the supply phases. It certainly looks like a power supply issue.

John Pensky
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2008 07:02 PM      Profile for John Pensky   Email John Pensky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
like one of the breakers on the front of the projector?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-07-2008 07:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Reset the main breaker.
2. Check for all three phases present at console terminal board.
3. Check all internal high current wiring very carefully, especially the large lugs on ALL OF the DC cables.
4. If all above is good then probably a bad diode.. or very remotely the ignitor.

Good luck... they are very easy to fix!

Mark

John Pensky
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2008 07:34 PM      Profile for John Pensky   Email John Pensky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if its one of the phases, i need to get a Christe 3 phrase breaker right? also, if it is one of the phases, wouldnt it trip all of them?

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2008 08:16 PM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be a loose phase cable, it happened before to me.
Check the voltage input and also search for loose cable.
If everything is okay, check your heatsink and TB1.

Thats what i normally would do.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: