Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP500 automation problem

Author Topic: CP500 automation problem
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 04-27-2008 04:23 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one CP500 which will randomly stay on mute at the show start rather than switching to the auto digital target. It's the kind of problem that will happen 2-3 times in one day and then might not happen for a week. When it happens, all I have to do is press the auto digital soft key.

The auditorium has a Xetron XCN lamphouse with the Maxi-12XPC automation unit. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I have had this happen on other houses with a CP500, but it is so random and infrequent that I don't think I could consider it a problem.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-27-2008 04:31 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What firmware are you running? If it is 1.50-1.61 there is no telling what oddities you will have. 1.65 is the current most stable firmware and 1.31 is also known to be very stable.

Steve

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-27-2008 06:58 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is your automation muting the processor in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier to just switch directly from non-sync to digital at the start of the show?

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 04-27-2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad: that is TOO simple!! I go even further: I add two cheap relays across the changeover coil; switches between "10" and "61", Works fine is most platter theatres. Louis

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-27-2008 04:26 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The firmware version is 1.52.

How do I go about eliminating the Mute at show start?

Are there things external to the CP500 that could be causing the processor to not switch out of non-sync? I have one that does this frequently enough to be an irritating, if random problem. Then I have another that will do it about 1-2 times a year. Our sister theatre has one that's started doing this from time to time.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-27-2008 04:38 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before looking elsewhere...upgrade the firmware to 1.65 (or 1.65EX if you have an SA10). See if that doesn't cure your ills. It will definately prevent other ills (like dumping your entire memory and leaving you with no sound unil you bring the levels up on the preamps AND the outputs).

Your service engineer should be able to do this in no time. The firmware might be available here on Film-Tech too. If you do end up doing it yourself...be sure to be using load500 version 2. Also you should know, if the the update is interrupted for any reason, your CP500 will be dead.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: