Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Platter Speed Control Card AW2

Author Topic: Christie Platter Speed Control Card AW2
Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2008 09:32 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I couldn't find a post related to this, i hope they aren't any. Well there is a cinema asking me about AW2-Z Platter control card, I have no idea how does a AW-2 Platter even looks like!

I need some help on finding out if the Platter card from AW3 is compatible with AW2. I don't think so but its just a silly question. Or if anyone has any information about the Platter Card please share it with me...

So far i only know they are 2 part numbers that is 5115743-1 or 5115911-1 this is for 50 Hz.

[beer] Cheers.

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-23-2008 02:47 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Danial Simmonds
I need some help on finding out if the Platter card from AW3 is compatible with AW2.
No, No no no no NO. They are totally different animals.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 04-23-2008 03:35 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AW-2 is very very obsolete. Most replaced in the 1980's. Louis

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2008 08:50 PM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a nice one, totally 2 different animals... thats a laugh!

Obsolete since 1980's? well then we have one cinema operator who started in 1996 they purchased these AW2Z platters.

Any pictures anyone??

Does anyone know if the cards can be purchased?

This would be a great help.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-24-2008 01:18 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to rebuild those modules, but I only did the domestic (U.S.) 60hz versions. If they aren't totally fried (Read: Charcoaled, flamed, out, etc. ) they can be rebuilt. I did a schematic for them and have a fair number of parts left too.

I don't have a picture of one of the modules, but it is basically a U shaped aluminum channel piece with the end cap that slides into the end of the deck support arm, with the top p.c. board being the LED's (there are two of them, one for feed and one for take-up) and the bottom PC board being the actual motor drive board.

Good luck finding them though... [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-24-2008 02:44 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
All you must do is turn to The King of Colusa and Beyond for all of your AW2 needs. [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-24-2008 11:30 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AW-2's... if the electronics is updated are not all that bad. There are some funky keeperless rollers and we have updated most in this area to use the non-removable AW-3 payout head. Its nice to do something with all those AW-3 haeds we had after conversion to removables. The AW-2 motors last just about indefinately. There are alot of AW-2 platter systems running in this neck of the woods and after eectronics updates they have virtually no problems at all.... there are even a few AW-1's still spinning! Its not my favorite platter but I'd take one over an Alpha any day.

If you need parts please feel free to contact us. We have gobs of AW-2 parts in stock and we also rebuild the control modules, motors if needed and such.

Mark @ CLACO
801-355-1250

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Mark,

You got the stock we are interested... I will e-mail you a few pictures when i get the call to visit the location...

As far as i know, the AW-2 have two different types of control cards depending on the Serial Number..

I have another question, is the voltage an issue for the cards? 230V 50HZ.. I am not sure, but i think it wouldnt be an issue. Hope you can advise me on this

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: