Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » cp200 channel loss... any ideas?

Author Topic: cp200 channel loss... any ideas?
Raymond Watson
Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2008 12:13 PM      Profile for Raymond Watson   Email Raymond Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a dolby cp200 (yes I know its old, but I like it and it suits my auditorium type house just fine), That is having a problem with loosing the right channel.
I am able to recover the channel if I unplug the EQ 64 card for that channel???????.It comes back and will stay as long as the unit is powered up (so far anyway).
I just pull the EQ hot and put it back in. I use no accessory unit, and the cp200 has all the upgrades like bass ext. and the 117's I have not swapped any cards around.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!..... so Mark, Steve, Brad.....can you give me a hand?
....................................Thanks in advance.... Ray

|  IP: Logged

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 04-07-2008 01:08 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you lose the sound in all formats like Non Sync and film, or just film. Do you have analog and digital, or just analog?

Do you lose the signal on the right Cat. 109 meter cards?

The newer Cat. No. 150's have signal presence light for each channel depending on the program material. This is upstream of the Cat. 64's, but might be useful to check when you lose sound.

That being said, the Cat. No 64's old style have trim pots that get intermittent so you might trade cards and see if the problem follows.

Also, does it lose the channel if you switch to bypass?

If you have a manual, check out the audio signal block diagram. It's very helpful to get familiar with this as you trace down the problem.

Raymond Watson
Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2008 10:34 AM      Profile for Raymond Watson   Email Raymond Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply Mr. Chavez!
I do have the signal on the meter card and I think it's, on the 150 also (virtually sure).
The problem does not appear when in non sync. I do not have a bypass on this cp200. I will try to swap cards to see if problem moves.
Thanks for your time Sam ..........Ray

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-14-2008 02:50 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All CP200 to my knowledge have bypass it is a rotary switch which selects proj 1 or 2 or normal operation it is to the right of the selector switchs

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: