Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Trailer Discs - Now from Warner Bros?

Author Topic: DTS Trailer Discs - Now from Warner Bros?
Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2008 12:35 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Previously, we were getting our DTS trailer discs directly from DTS Digital Cinema via Priority Mail (and usally 2 or 3 days late). The last couple of weeks, they have been coming on Thursday via DHL delivery (before noon), and marked as coming from Warner Bros through Technicolor.

Is everyone else getting the discs via DHL - and what has Warner Bros have to do with it? I know that the discs are typically pressed by Technicolor - perhaps DTS is removing some process steps and having Technicolor ship them directly?

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2008 03:29 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ours came that way yesterday.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 03-15-2008 12:23 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a time in the past where they came from Technicolor directly as well. I want to say around 2002-ish? Not sure. [did you search?]

I assume that someone has to foot the bill for TES to send these out, and for some reason that someone is WB...

--jhawk

James Ness
Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2008 03:24 PM      Profile for James Ness   Author's Homepage   Email James Ness   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've noticed this too
this way is much better, the ones in the priority mail envelopes would be cracked alot of the time making them useless

now they come on time and in a nice padded envelope!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: