Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New Ushio lamps

Author Topic: New Ushio lamps
Jose Ribas
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 07:58 AM      Profile for Jose Ribas   Email Jose Ribas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I would like to know if someone has experienced the new xenon lamp line by Ushio.

I had some trouble with high w lamps, like 4 and 5KW.

Flicking and short life are the most common problem.

Jose.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2008 12:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a model number? I assume in your part of the world this is what we purchase as Christie branded. Also by "new lamp line", do you mean the compact bulbs?

My experiences with Christie xenon lamps is as follows.

*Regular CXL line has consistently yielded by FAR the longest useful life of hours and put out the best quality of light as compared to any other brand of bulb.

*New CDXL line is so far very impressive. I have a couple burning right now with no complaints at all. I have a CDXL-45 burning in place of a CXL-60 which is indeed comparable and I have a CDXL-60 burning in place of a CXL-60. I need to let them burn for several more months to make any comments about their lifespan though.

It sounds like your problem is one of inadequate exhaust or high ripple in your power supply. Anytime you make a post asking for assistance, you NEED to put a list of all of your equipment brand and model numbers so we can give you a better answer.

Jose Ribas
Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2008 06:31 AM      Profile for Jose Ribas   Email Jose Ribas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad,
the lamps are Ushio UXL-40SCH and UXL-5000HRH
Both lamps had a very short life, about 350 hours; the 5KW one was flicking from start. Ripple and exhaust airflow are Ok. Osram lamps work fine with no problems.
José.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: