Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need Strong SPA5-A Manual (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Need Strong SPA5-A Manual
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2008 08:54 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have this automation manual? Cineplex used this in a lot of their Highlight consoles.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-04-2008 09:38 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the one?

SPA-5

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-04-2008 09:48 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope Tim...that is close but the SPA-5A was the subsequent unit that was very similar but the 5A used a card cage for the boards as well as the power module. The 5A also kept track of where you were in the show and would allow you to resume there. I think the 5A started production in 1986 and continued until Strong switched to EPRAD for CPA-10 (which was a close relation to the EPRAD Ultimation)

The SPA-5A also used slightly different modules (different numbers too) than the older SPA-5.

Steve

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2008 09:58 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks anyway Tim. They share a few of the same boards but the 5-A has a few more than the original SPA-5.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-04-2008 10:17 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. I was hoping. [Wink]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2008 11:50 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Richard,

I still have a manual for the SPA-5A (which we have 6 in operation). I scan it and e-mail it to ya.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-04-2008 01:57 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you also c.c. Brad, so it can be added to the manuals section, please?

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2008 03:38 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure can.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2008 06:53 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Richard,

Just checking if you received the e-mail with the manual attached.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2008 08:45 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm brain dead. Thought I emailed you. Sorry. I did get it and thank you very much. It was exactly what I needed. [Smile]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2008 11:30 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad,

Did you receive the pdf I sent for the SPA-5A and the SD Auditorium Dimmer Manuals?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-14-2008 11:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2008 12:23 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK. I'll resend.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-15-2008 01:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Received. Will be on the site on tomorrow's update.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-16-2008 11:54 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The SD dimmer appears to be the old Raven dimmer that CFS also copied

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: