Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DFP-2000 Error Codes

Author Topic: DFP-2000 Error Codes
Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2008 01:46 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a list of the SDDS DFP-2000 Error Codes? I have a unit that occasionally gives an error code on the front panel: E712 and the System OK LED blinks. It will decode with this error, but no digital output (verified by blocking analoge reader).

I've removed and reseated all the boards and checked the coin cell battery. A quick google search yielded nothing.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2008 09:40 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vaguely remember that an E712 error means that you have to replace one of the cards,I want to say the DSP card but its been so long since Ive had to work on a dfp-d2000 that I may be totally wrong, If you have more than one unit on site I would try swapping out the three cards one by one and when you find out which card causes the error to go away you have found your culprit. Maybe someone else can confirm that the E712 error is a card issue and which card it is.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2008 02:20 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Sean, I forgot to indicate that I already narrowed it down to the DSP-61 board. I was just hoping that someone knew what that E-codes were.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2008 09:51 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, I cant remember that I rembered that off the top of my head, even though I guess you already figured it out so it didnt help you.

Brad Morris
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2008 11:28 PM      Profile for Brad Morris   Email Brad Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy- Did you ever figure out why your unit was showing this code? After not using it for a while, our DFP-2000 did this on start up. I checked the cards at another theater, and that unit booted up with no problem.

Anyone have any suggestions? (Short of throwing it out the window...)

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2008 02:13 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine appears to be a heat related issue with the DSP-61 board (verified by swapping with another unit several times). If I let it "cool down" for a few minutes it boots up fine. For now I have the unit plugged in so that it stays powered on at all times through an APC UPS in case I have a short term power failure or spike.

I'm still trying to track down a DA-20 for a reasonable price to replace this unit though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: