Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » UK Tradeshows

Author Topic: UK Tradeshows
Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 02:44 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do we have any cinema/projection tradeshows in the UK? Ive always fancied going round looking at other manufacturers wares and all the latest projection/film equipment. Also i want to represent my cinema when going along.

so, in the UK, do we have any such thing?

many thanks.
peter

|  IP: Logged

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 03:45 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, none are held in the UK, apart the usual pro A/V Industry Shows.

The nearest to you will be the Cinema Expo on 23rd - 26th June 2008 at Amsterdam RAI in the Neverlands.

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 03:52 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well...! i shall have to have a look at it. fancy coming along?
i need a holiday this year!

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 04:04 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Peter David Bruce
well...! i shall have to have a look at it. fancy coming along?
May be, as long you can find a Sponsor or find free Passes [Wink] for Cinema Expo as it is a Industry Exhibition for Trade and Tickets are quite expensive!!.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-08-2008 04:57 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to get to IBC the year before last (the company I'd just bought a telecine for the archive I worked at from arranged me a pass). It was a really useful day catching up with all that was new, but frustrating seeing all those shiny bits of hardware we couldn't afford!

Believe it or not, it's cheaper and easier to get to Amsterdam from here than it is to London in most scenarios. KLM goes from two airports within an hour's drive for around £80 return if you get your act together and book well enough in advance (two weeks is usually enough), and there's also a LoCo from Leeds/Bradford (Jet2) which you can sometimes get on for £60 (the only downside being that it's literally the best part of a mile's walk from the main concourse to their gate at Schiphol). The RAI centre is then about a 10-minute, 2.50 euro train ride. In contrast, a train ticket from York to London is £190 return if you need to spend a whole working day there without staying the night.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 05:26 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben / Peter,
As an exhibitor at Cine Expo for the past decade (plus) I am able to offer, on a limited basis, guest passes for those that are able to get themselves to the show. Let me know, as time gets closer, if you would like a pass or two.
Clint

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 06:02 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks clint. where does the Cine Expo take place? Will have to book flights (or watever) pretty much imediately if i am even to consider going to one of these.

ok ive considered it and i want to go. let me know any details possible by private message and i can investigate from thereon.

again, many thanks. if you also PM details to ben, im sure he would appreciate it.

Cheers
Peter

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2008 06:52 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trade show is held at the Rai complex in Amsterdam. The show is June 23rd through the 26th this year.
http://www.showest.com/filmexpo/cinemaexpo/index.jsp

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 01-08-2008 08:39 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter,

To follow up on Clint's offer, Hope you make it. It's great fun.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 05:50 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Clint Koch
Ben / Peter,
As an exhibitor at Cine Expo for the past decade (plus) I am able to offer, on a limited basis, guest passes for those that are able to get themselves to the show. Let me know, as time gets closer, if you would like a pass or two

Clint,
That offer is so kind of you and my thanks if you can offer these Tickets to both Peter & Me.

Getting there is no problem with me with Flights etc.

The last Cinema Exhibition I went to was in 2000 at Showeast and it was a great Event and one day I hope to make the Show West in Vagas.

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2008 08:58 AM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clint,

yes we are both interested in those passes. We have already organised suitable travel/accomodation. I suppose we shall await your notification closer to the time RE: passes. ?

Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: