Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS 6AD - DSP not ready and automatically switched to by-pass mode

Author Topic: DTS 6AD - DSP not ready and automatically switched to by-pass mode
Tissa DeSilva
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2007 02:00 PM      Profile for Tissa DeSilva   Email Tissa DeSilva   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When testing the system suddenly this unit failed and appears on the front display as DSP not ready and automatically switched to by-pass mode. I tight all the ICs in all three board checked and removed, cleaned wel and retighten all power supply connectors and mother board connectors etc. Further attended to the all dough which could coursed this type of defect.

Ones at a time the system works, but only the Left and right channel sounds could hear. C. LS, Rs, Sub, processor out sounds not working. when the unit restart, again it comes to DSP not ready mode and automatically it switched to the by-pass mode.

I seriously feel DSP board is defective in this unit and appreciate very much your assistance as at present this new cinema is running with optical mono.

1) D 744 Board REV J 1
2) D 741 DSP Board F, Nov 1998 S/N : 9899
3) D 740 REV. M1

Versions
CPU Version - 1.06
DSP Controller - 1.03
DSP Firmware - 1.10

I greatly appriciate if any help I can get from here.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-08-2007 05:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call Carl at Quality Presentations in Brooklyn, NY... he is DTS's "Discontinued Unit" parts supplier and he may be able to either repair your board or offer you an RO board for it. Carl is invaulalable to keeping these dinosaurs operating.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: