Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Problem with American Gangster Print

Author Topic: Problem with American Gangster Print
Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 12:18 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings & Salutations to all. I've been having problems with the American Gangster print. When I got the prints, I didn't have any problems since two prints were in our biggest houses. Then, about two weeks later, the prints were moved into Theaters #5 & #9. The one in theatre #5 such down about 2 minutes after going into the second reel. I checked everything out & the thread path from platter to projector and back to the platter was proper. I restarted it and it shut down about 30 seconds later. So, I did a manual run. The one in theatre #9 ran fine with no problems. Then, the one in theatre #5 was shipped out on a Thursday night and the one that was in #9 is now in #6 and is doing the same thing, but, close to the end of reel #7 or, about midway and had to do a manual run.

Anyway, I am using the Component Engineering FP-30 (I believe that's the correct model) on projectors #2 - #9. I thoroughly cleaned the fail safes and had my technician look at it as well. I did notice that the motion indicator light would go off for long period of time during a manual run and the presence light would continuously go on and off. When I run other movies in #5 & #6, no problems at all. #5 and #6 are the older Christie Lamphouses and the projectors are Simplex 35 with the 5-Star Sound Heads. I have also ruled out Cue Problems since cues are placed on our FPS Logo and at the end of the movie.

Anyone else have similar problems and does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? Personally, I hate doing manual runs since anything could go wrong, but, necessary to keep the show on screen when needed to be done.

Any ideas would be very helpful. I hope I described it good.

Much Thanks. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Bright
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 12:27 PM      Profile for Bill Bright   Email Bill Bright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I would check the power connector to your failsafe and ensure it is properly secure. Hope that helps as it sounds like a failsafe issue what kind of other equipment are you running i.e. projectors and platters.

kindest regards,
Bill

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 01:20 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are runnign AP-350 cue detectors here and had the same issue a few months ago. turns out the problem was the power connector was at fault. this was 'fixed' then replaced and has been fine ever since.
hope this helps

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 01:24 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other equipment I am using are Christie AW3R Platters, theatres #2, #3 and #7 - #9 are Christie SLC Consoles & Automation, theatres #1 & #10 are the Strong Highlight II's with the CNA-100 Automation. #4 is the older Christie Console & automation with a Century JJ Projector. A note: #1 & #10 have the FP-50 Failsafes.

Anyway, I can check the power connector that you suggested.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 01:39 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread might explain what happening if you're using FM-35 cue detector/fail safe.

FM-35 presence problems with American Gangster

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 01:48 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jeremy.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: