Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Brenkert drive gearing?

Author Topic: Brenkert drive gearing?
Joel Whybrow
Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2007 08:27 PM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I have in front of me a Brenkert BX-60 picture head with no drive gear, does anyone know if these are at all avaliable, or better yet, if a suitable soundhead would have the neccessary parts with it?

There are three spaces for gears at the base of the unit and two are present, but the lowest, which looks like it must sit on a shaft, is missing thus rendering this usless as far as I can see, true or false?

Also, this might get me smacked upside the head, but would it be feasable to run this thing from the shutter knob on the front? I figure it's this thing's last shot at not being dumped should all else fail!

Finally, the shutter seems to have far too much play at the back, should this be? I mean, when it's running, would it balance out or make a horrid scraping noise on the shutter housing?

The framing shaft appears to be stuck too, but that might be best left for dealing with when/if the time comes!

Thanks for any help guys and sorry for all the questions!

-Joel

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-19-2007 09:00 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might still be available from Wolk if you're lucky... or a dealer that might still has one laying around. It is similar to the Super Simplex drive gear assy. but with the addition of a ball bearing thrust assembly at the outer shaft flange. BTW: The BX-60 was the best of the Brenkerts!! There are still a half dozen of them running in the mountain states. I service 4 of them. TRhe BX-40/80's had several weak points and none that I know of are still running around this neck of the woods.

The BX series runs best on a heavy duty RCA sound reproducer.... either the 9030 or the 9050.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: