Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Century JJ Magazine manual

Author Topic: Century JJ Magazine manual
Bill Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2007 04:05 AM      Profile for Bill Ryan   Email Bill Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone out there have a parts manual for the original magazines for a Century JJ?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2007 11:44 PM      Profile for Bill Ryan   Email Bill Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am specifically looking for the part numbers of the various spindles namely the 1/2"X70mm 1/2"X35mm and the 5/16"X35mm and where can I get them. Does anyone have any?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-25-2007 07:19 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wolk had them...and probably still have them unless they sold out. Those drawings I do have...I'll see about getting them converted to pdf.

Steve

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-07-2007 08:04 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I had was a parts list for the JJ magazines (complete) and drawings of the spindles/shaft assys. The only full magazine drawings I have go back are 35mm ones for the C and such.

I've uploaded what I have to FT so look for it to be posted someday.

Steve

Bill Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2007 10:08 PM      Profile for Bill Ryan   Email Bill Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Steve

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-08-2007 08:24 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I looks like it made it to the manuals section already! Look in the Misc. section with a "new" tag on the name.

Bill Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Bill Ryan   Email Bill Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve have you the contact details for Wolk? One other small thing I can't see the part number for the 1/2" 35mm spindle. And thanks for organizing the parts list.

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-08-2007 09:04 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was never a part for the JJ to have a 35mm 1/2" spindle. Those that wanted to run 1/2" core 35mm reels bought reels with the 35/70 spacers on them. The 5/16" spindles were required to run shipping reels, house reels as well as split reels. These are unique to the JJ since the 5/16" JJ spindles have a 17.5mm offset built-in to keep the reel centered. No such spindle was offered in 1/2" form for the JJ by Century.

Now Century did have 1/2" spindles for their 35mm machines but without a spacer.

Kelmar, when they made their reel-arms for the JJ did offer, 35 and 70mm 1/2" spindles as well as 5/16" spindles. However, for 35mm they had a spacer block that spaced the 35mm versions out by 17.5mm.

I don't have Wolk's number off the top of my head but when I get to the office on Monday I can post it....though I'm sure some here might know the number/address.

Wolk's web site used to be www.edwolk.com but at this writing, it seems to be down (temporary?). Their number is 800-770-1467

Address:

Edw. H. Wolk, Inc
606 East Brook Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4622
USA

Steve

Steve

[ 12-10-2007, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Steve Guttag ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: