Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650SR and SDDS DFP-D2000 automation

Author Topic: CP650SR and SDDS DFP-D2000 automation
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2007 07:15 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to plug DFP-D2000 to 650, in that way so 650 gonna be "master" processor, and signal from SDDS just put on 650 6 channel non-sync input, but does then EQ and FADER on 650 working?

Also how do I connect automation so when SDDS drops, 650 automatically continues with playing SR, and opposite when SDDS back so that 650 let that out to speakers.

|  IP: Logged

Robert Minichino
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2007 06:01 PM      Profile for Robert Minichino   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Minichino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your EQ and fader on the 650 will work fine with the SDDS connected as 6ch input. There is an open-collector output on the DFP-2000 that's triggered whenever it's in bypass (no SDDS), and you can probably use this to make the CP650 switch to SR. Connect it like you would be connecting DTS.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2007 07:15 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Automation connector DTS has different pin's for different formats, so every foirmat has it own pin.

On SDDS DFP-D2000 I have pin which is 0 when SDDS are not OK, and in high impendance state when is OK, and from this I must go on to two signal, first is to enable FORMAT 11 on CP650 automation, and secound is to enable FORMAT 05 on CP650 when SDDS drop's uot and off course back!

Robert Minichino
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2007 07:44 PM      Profile for Robert Minichino   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Minichino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Connect the SDDS bypass output to a SPDT relay, and use it to control two one-shot relays to send contact closure pulses each time the bypass output changes state. You could also do the same thing with a transistor-based circuit, PLC, microcontroller, etc.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: