Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SR-D not synced on first reel of The Game Plan

Author Topic: SR-D not synced on first reel of The Game Plan
Jon P. Inghram
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Jon P. Inghram   Email Jon P. Inghram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we sneaked it Thursday night none of the employees who watched it seemed to think it worth mentioning that the sound slightly out of sync on the first reel, and we didn't get any complaints Friday until after it was too late for management to call who-ever to have it replaced.

Anybody else had a problem with this print?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 09-29-2007 11:30 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the entire movie or just one reel?

Because if the complaint was just happened after one showing I'd believe it to be misthreaded.

And I was in booth yesterday and there were no complaints about this kind of thing.

Jon P. Inghram
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2007 01:33 AM      Profile for Jon P. Inghram   Email Jon P. Inghram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just the first reel.

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2007 01:40 AM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd recommend ordering a replacement reel. We've certainly run into our share of sync problems with SRD soundtracks, and a replacement reel resolves the issue. The last one that comes to mind is "The Queen" Reel 1.

Mike Sellars
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2007 05:33 PM      Profile for Mike Sellars   Email Mike Sellars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just got a call and a fax from Technicolor that they are sending us a new reel 1 of The Game Plan because of the sound being out of sync... and I cannot find any of my people who have ordered a replacement... maybe they are doing it en masse. Anyone else getting a complimentary reel 1?

Mike

Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2007 07:05 AM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the had the same problem with the movie Heartbreak Kid. An E-mail from the renters confirmed this and are sending a replacement first reel. DTS though seems unaffected. [Smile] Tim

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2007 11:50 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor probably wanted all the defective reel ones out of the way so they don't turn up at a second run location that also has SR D.
We had a bad sound issue with one reel on some forgettable movie that we discovered on week 2 because it was playing in DTS on week one and we didn't know the optical sound defect was there...until it went into a smaller house that has no digital sound.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: