Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Eprad Ultimation 2000 problem

Author Topic: Eprad Ultimation 2000 problem
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2007 05:30 PM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. I just want to ask a little bit about this eprad ultimation 2000. I am haveing a little trouble with one like that.

The first troble:
Always when i turn the epad on in the beginning of the day (i mean turn the eprad on, i am not talking about when i start the show) Ok when i turn it on the alarm sound start and it says "Memory faild" or somethink like that. Looks like it is trying to come up with some older story about show from yesterday or somethink. I dont know what it is. But anyway.. the alarm sound and the error messages go when i press "clear"
But i was thinking what the problem is. I dont know why it comes up with this messages. And this happent always when i turn on the eprad.

Problem 2: (Someimes happent, not always)
Ok and another problem at the same eprad.
Somethimes when i press run (to start the show the alarms sound start without any error messages and sometimes it works to press clear or i have to restart the computer (eprad)

Problem 3: Sometimes happent not allways
And on more problem. When i stop the show in the middle of it to take intermisson then i press stop and sometimes the alarms start sounding without any error messages and i can not do anythink untill i restart the eprad.

I have read the manual and it says nothink about problem like this. And no trobleshuting is in the manual.

So if you know this problem pleas tell me. This is big cinema and we have more of this eprad computer and only troble in this one. Not the other.

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-15-2007 07:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I have next to little experience with this unit but on several similar types of systems I have seen error messages like that if the battery is failing

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-15-2007 08:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The battery should be replaced every 5 years... going longer and you risk losing all the supervisory settings. Also if you change the battery with the power on you won't loose all your supervisory settings, just be very careful. It is a standard lithium battery.

Mark

Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2007 09:55 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, i forgot to tell in the post i have alredy changes the battery and it dit not mean anythink. Still the same problem.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 09-16-2007 03:50 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have seen fairly similar cases with CNAs in which reprogramming the automation solved that problem, because there was an error or corrupt data somewhere in the programs. If they are networked and you use the same programs in other auditoriums, you can simply copy the programs over the network. But if there is an actual hardware problem, this won't help. These are a little tricky to troubleshoot because so much happens in the realm of software, so if you don't get any further at this point, the best (and maybe only) thing you can do is simply contact Eprad which make the automation. All the contact info is on their website. Just email support or, if you feel confident to discuss the problem in English, simply call and ask for Jay.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-16-2007 07:37 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Michael.... Probably scrambled data or corrupt, I've also had this happen with Strong CNA-100's several times. You could copy the supervisory settings down and pull the battery out with the power off. This should clear the memory out completely. Then put the battery back in after 60 seconds and re-enter all the supervisory settings. If it still doesn't work correctly then contact Jay. He knows these very well!!

I've been working with these units since serial number 11 and 12 and I have very little trouble with them overall. In fact alot less trouble with these than any other automation out there.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: