Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ignorant questions from the FNG's in Billings MT. ( christie platters)

Author Topic: Ignorant questions from the FNG's in Billings MT. ( christie platters)
Charles Caron
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2007 09:54 PM      Profile for Charles Caron   Email Charles Caron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carmike's uber-crappy dollar house in Billings, MT closed last night, but apparently will reopen soon under new ownership. The new owners are the same people who own the Amusement Park Drive In in Laurel, MT.

No word on whether the new owners will burn the inside of the building out to remove all the caked-on dirt, or just try to scrub it out or just leave it as is. ( Mike Blakesly)

I may have to open a thread under the heading "crazy stupid things I've done". Any way, on to business. we've reopened the carmike discount house in billings and mike's idea about the cleansing fires was something we considered....strongly! There appears to be 34 yrs of neglect to fix, I'm up to my eyeballs and I don't know how to swim. [Frown] We have an assortment of Christie platters, 2 kinds of aw3+ aw3r. There are 2 different lengths of return arm mixed across all 7 platters . Christie shows 2 different part #s between the aw3 & the aw3r. Which takes the long & which takes the short? thanks, Charles

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-06-2007 09:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the AW3R manual for ordering replacement parts.

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2007 10:08 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles--

There's no such thing as an'ignorant' question. One asks a question merely to gain knowledge. And welcome to this site!

Charles Caron
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2007 10:17 PM      Profile for Charles Caron   Email Charles Caron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad: thanks for the useful site. As for ordering, I don't need to replace any of the arms, I just need to know which model the long arms are supposed to go on, and which the short. As for the ignorance, I'm trying to cure that...Ignorance can be cured,stupidity is forever!!! And bad spelling is universal [Wink]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-06-2007 10:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Film-Tech.

What are FNG's?

Charles Caron
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2007 10:47 PM      Profile for Charles Caron   Email Charles Caron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike: FNG is an old vietnam era army term. It's an acronym for f@%#ing new guy.... By the way, if you're in Billings stop by so you can laugh at our folly.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-07-2007 12:16 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(just like SNAFU for the WW-II guys.. [Big Grin] ) Yea, welcome to FT. You'll meet a bunch of interesting people on here that can help and chat with.

Good luck with the Cine-7 complex. Are you booking using Verl Clark?

-Monte

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2007 08:39 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles...
Tell Riley & Vickie I said Hi.. and good luck with the new venture.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-07-2007 08:40 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Chaarles... I thought you had taken over this location over a month ago. I will be passing by Billings early next week if you need any assistance just call me on my cell.

Mark

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-07-2007 12:56 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Charles Caron
Brad: thanks for the useful site. As for ordering, I don't need to replace any of the arms, I just need to know which model the long arms are supposed to go on, and which the short. As for the ignorance, I'm trying to cure that...Ignorance can be cured,stupidity is forever!!! And bad spelling is universal

Ok, Unless you have the I think now discontinued Christie Mini platters that had the smaller decks that only held two hours of film. You should only have one size of arm to choose from. In other words replace the short arms with the longer arms for propper tension and ease of threading.

Charles Caron
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2007 08:40 PM      Profile for Charles Caron   Email Charles Caron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte:
we're booking through Verl at this point...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: