Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Teac CD-W512S drive closed toggle switch part number

Author Topic: Teac CD-W512S drive closed toggle switch part number
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-04-2007 06:16 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody happen to know of a part number for SW2 (and SW3 while we're at it) that Teac uses in their CD/DVD drives to detect when the drawer is completely closed or open?

I've got a few DTS-6Ds that have drives that won't stay closed, the cause being the lever on SW2 has broken off as in the picture below. I'd hate to buy new drives for the sake of a $1 switch (if I have to I'll just bend the arm of a more common style lever micro switch and use it instead).

-

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-04-2007 07:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You actually wanna fix that? I'm assuming for a DTS.... the latest upgrade kit is the better way to go and it lets you use Wal-Mart DVD drives when those that come with the kit fail. It's the last kit to be made and anothher good reason to get them! Next time I run into any 512's I'll save em for you and let you know.

Mark

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-04-2007 08:43 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two of the drives are my personal ones... I've got an $8 budget. The drives don't have a spec of dust in them and the motors seem fine, so for all the use I'll get out of them they should last quite some time.

I've used the latest kit in other units, but I hate to throw stuff out for the sake of a $1 switch. Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: