Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » help upgrading Utah auditorium

Author Topic: help upgrading Utah auditorium
Michael Manning
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2007 05:58 PM      Profile for Michael Manning   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Manning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. I work for a college in Salt Lake, Utah and have been asked to help research a possible upgrade of one of our auditoriums into a film screening venue. I know where to go about sound and lighting, but no idea where to start as far as projection. I've researched several digital projector manufacturers such as DPI. However, I obviously don't have the first clue about what to actually use in the space. So I was hoping that you could refer me to companies that could assess the space, determine what needs to change structurally, and conduct the modifications and installation of the equipment. Basically I'm looking for some way of bringing in a consultant on this project for the projection. It would be preferable if any references were local to Utah. But I also understand that this is a specialized field, and that a local Utah company may not exist. Thank you for any help you can offer.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-31-2007 06:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,
Stop by at CLACO any time between 9 am and 5 pm. Would be happy to assist you with either a film or digital installation... or both. Ask for either myself or Vince.

Mark
CLACO Equipment And Service
1212 South State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
801-355-1250

Michael Manning
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2007 12:06 PM      Profile for Michael Manning   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Manning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good. Myself or someone else from the department will probably be contacting you within a week or two.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2007 10:16 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking foreword to meeting you!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: