Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Open-air cinema in Thailand

Author Topic: Open-air cinema in Thailand
Khamthon Eamsuwan
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2007 02:15 AM      Profile for Khamthon Eamsuwan   Author's Homepage   Email Khamthon Eamsuwan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See the photos of Open-air cinema in Thailand pls click this link : http://www.thaicine.com/wboard/wboard.asp?ID=0290&PageNozz=1&GroupID=0070
Enjoy!

|  IP: Logged

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2007 10:08 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for shairing the photos [thumbsup]

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2007 02:29 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like some real teamwork here!

I like those old-style wire spoke reels you use in the booth and have made into outdoor sculptures. I only have one, heavily rusted and I always considered it an antique. Such reels work well, and it's good to see they are still in use.

What kinds of films do you show most often, and what languages do you use for the dialogue and sub-titles?

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2007 07:31 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great set of pictures! [thumbsup]

Never before saw a Simplex Four-Star/X-L soundhead with a transverse-mount motor (see below). Is that a custom configuration or an export model?

-

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 08-04-2007 10:10 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen modified SH1000 and the belt drive single sprocket RCA 9001 soundheads in Asia in which the motor is mounted as in the picture. The adaption mimics the set up in a simplex 5-star soundhead.

Khamthon Eamsuwan
Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2007 09:52 PM      Profile for Khamthon Eamsuwan   Author's Homepage   Email Khamthon Eamsuwan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,all
The kind of films is 35mm format.We use Thai Language for the dialogue and no sub-titles. For the international films such as The transformers,Die hard 4.0 we have a short permit time to show. These films we got about 15-30 days for open-air showing.
For the Simplex Four-Star/X-L on the photo, the drive unit has been modified from 3 phase to single phase motor. Because of the open-air showing need only the single phase for electrical system(Projector,Sound and other).
See other photos of Open-air cinema in Thailand pls click this link : http://www.thaicine.com/wboard/wboard.asp?ID=0072&PageNozz=2&GroupID=0070 Enjoy!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-07-2007 11:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I service a theater that has a side mounted motor driving an SH-1000. Its on a 5 point base and the motor hangs in the slot on the side of the verticle column. These setups are quite rare.

Mark

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2007 03:29 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they do any 70mm in that region?

Khamthon Eamsuwan
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2007 07:19 AM      Profile for Khamthon Eamsuwan   Author's Homepage   Email Khamthon Eamsuwan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have no 70mm film for show we have only the projector to use with. Have you the 70mm film for show?

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2007 01:44 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The are 70mm prints available, but I'm not sure about Thailand. They can be imported, and found in archives. You have to go through Hollywwod Classics about rights clearance etc. before you show them publically.

These two cinemas once had (around 1960) 70mm equipment, but not sure if they ever ran 70mm films.

Bangkok - Chalerm Khetr Theatre
&
Bangkok - National

What is the story about 70mm in Thailand? You can contcat me via www.in70mm.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: