Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA-100/CP-500 Communication

Author Topic: CNA-100/CP-500 Communication
Paul Stevens
Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2007 02:06 PM      Profile for Paul Stevens   Email Paul Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 17 of the above combination in this plant and another 16 in another. Some control the CP-500 modes very consistently, most others erratically, and one that I know of not at all. Of the one that are erratic, commands pressed directly into the automaton control panel to force mode changes in the CP-500 require stabbing between various modes before you get the CP-500 to react. This reminds me of a lot of early video switchers, routers and so on.

Anyway suggestions short of tossing everything out the door would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-18-2007 05:34 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First...what CP500 firmware are you using? There are only two good ones... 1.31 and 1.65. Firmwares between 1.31 and 1.65 are known to be erratic with automation control...especially selecting Non-Sync. Also, CP500s that dont use these two firmwares ARE suspectable to dumping their memories.

Other than that...we have had CNA100s controlling CP500s and CP650s without any reported problems.

Paul Stevens
Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2007 10:27 PM      Profile for Paul Stevens   Email Paul Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good question! I will take a look next chance I get.

Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: