Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Prevost P93 Part #s'

Author Topic: Prevost P93 Part #s'
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-12-2007 07:30 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks, does anyone have the following part numbers for Prevost P93:

Door gasket
Motor shaft cover gasket(s)
Motor shaft cover weep tube and fittings

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-12-2007 11:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

All those parts can be procurred locally. Its easier and much faster to make your own gaskets and the material is also easy to procure. Just use the back door to make new one.... use a small lightweight ball pein hammer to tap them out. Works beautifully and you get clean edges too!! I do have a spare P-93 movement if you get in a bind(pun intended!). The front drainback fittings are sometimes just standard american thread stuff... if not then I'd convert it to american tread so you can get the fittings and tubing locally. I only maintain two P-93's but they have also needed new gaskets and drainback fittings and tubing. Wiat till you loose a turrett motor... that seems to be a hopeless situation.... you never get the right motor fomr Prevost.

Mark

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-13-2007 08:29 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is for a location I am no longer servicing. But I promised the manager I would try to get the part numbers for him, so they can take care of it.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-13-2007 09:17 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a mannual a the shop and can look when I get back... on Friday if you can wait till then... You can also get the gasket numbers from Big Sky but the drain back was an after thought that was installed on location in the booth for most installs.

Mark

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-13-2007 04:43 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Walsh at Neumade helped me out with this. (Thanks again, John!!)

I gathered looking through the books that the drainback must've been a retrofit, because it wasn't listed. Thanks for the info, Mark.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: