Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby CP 500D Volume change problem

Author Topic: Dolby CP 500D Volume change problem
Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 12:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone !

A friend called me yesterday to ask me advice about output level problem with a CP 500D: Sometimes during the show, the level will rise to "9" (verry loud)or go down to "zero".

On this theater they don't have an analog auditorium fader, or remote control, SA-10 unit or automation.

Did someone know this problem ? Any help is welcome.

Best Regards, an appologize for my weak English ! ;-)

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-10-2007 02:08 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..bet the front door (where all of the controls are mounted on - the SKUS, volume knob, et.al. .. ) has to be replaced. Have you tried switching it with another CP-500 to see if the problem travels to the other processor?

I had one do the same thing and the front door was faulty.

Good luck -

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2007 03:26 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and Thanks for Your answer.

I din't tried to swap the fautly door with an another one. I don't have this spare part "on the hand" and the theater where is the problem is a 1-screen theater in a small town verry far away from where I live.
But I will give your advice to the local tech (the guy is not a theater technician, but it knows a little about electronics) and try to ship him a remplacement Processor.

Thanks for Your help

Best regards

Jean-Michel

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 03-11-2007 08:00 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the memory "lives" on the 684 board, so if that one board is OK, then it will allow the "new" processor not to have to be recalibrated. (except for non-sync level) Louis

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2007 02:01 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
99.9% should be to front door panel

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: