Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie CH10 Ignition Problem

Author Topic: Christie CH10 Ignition Problem
Randy Bowden
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2007 04:15 PM      Profile for Randy Bowden   Email Randy Bowden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went out to one of our theatres to replace an igniter in a christie CH 10 console, the console has a long history now of not being able to auto strike. It will however manually ignite very easily. I installed a new IGA 10 igniter and still no auto strike. So I checked the no load dc voltage at the power supply (they are running a strong switcher supply) the dc voltage was only reading 65 vdc. not high enough to autostrike. With the DC cables disconnected the power supply puts out about 160 vdc. Any idea what would cause such a significant voltage drop?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-01-2007 07:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other than the time delay tubes drifting with age in the ignitors I would be thinking about switching the switcher. I find it hard to believe that 60 volts DC no load will consistantly ignite a hot lamp even manually.

Mark

Randy Bowden
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2007 07:56 PM      Profile for Randy Bowden   Email Randy Bowden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did replace the switcher...sorry I failed to mention that, and what I found was the same identical no load voltage of 65vdc. the lamp is only a 1K and I don't know if that has any bearing on it still being able to strike. I also inspected all the DC connections for looseness or corrosion, tested continuity.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2007 08:53 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you have a short in the system some where. Disconnect the DC leads and check it to ground check pos and neg separate

NOT MY POST....RICK

[ 03-02-2007, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Richard Hamilton ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: