Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Arts Alliance - Digital training course UK

Author Topic: Arts Alliance - Digital training course UK
Paul Carey
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 06:13 PM      Profile for Paul Carey   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Carey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone help me out here.
We are due to have our Christie CP2000 installed next week. But as yet AA haven't confirmed with us a training course date that is supposed to happen in Edinburgh?!?!. Is there anyone out there who has been on the AA training course using the Doremi servers? Can you point me in the right direction for information on this server. I have had a look online but come up blank.

Thanks.

Paul Carey

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-13-2007 06:40 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, our NC800 was installed yesterday; one of the projectionists was on the course last Wednesday, I know because I was brought in to cover for him. This was arranged some time before, so I think you should have had a date for the training by now; I'd give them a call in the morning if I were you.

I think 'Doremi' is the server we have which I couldn't remember the name of; I'd never heard of them before.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 06:51 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

As far as I know the course in Edinburgh was cancelled, and is being re-scheduled, I think I heard a March date. Possibly not in Edinburgh. I wasn't doing it but some at work are. You should probably give AA a call.

Our Christie has been sitting here for a week, final installation tomorrow! As far as I know, you won't need the course to get it up and running, I'd guess the installation engineer will help you out.

BTW, ours will be up and running for this weekend,

Paul Carey
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 07:01 PM      Profile for Paul Carey   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Carey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick response. Getting any information out of AA is proving impossible at the moment. I will however try calling them again tomorrow to see if anymore information is forthcoming. Good luck with the install Andy, tell Neil that everyone from St Andrews was asking for him [Smile]

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2007 06:42 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Did you get the updated details on the course? It's in Glasgow now. Our install went smoothly thanks, I'm very impressed with the machine.. jaw-droppingly so.

Neil send his regards!

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-17-2007 03:56 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much does the training cost? Is it available to anybody who cares to book themselves a place on it, or only to staff from the cinemas where the Arts Alliance equipment has been installed?

Paul Carey
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2007 07:31 PM      Profile for Paul Carey   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Carey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen, it would appear that anyone can ask about the digital training. Quoting Arts Alliance website -
quote:
A key element of the transition to digital cinema is training, and cinemas participating in the DSN have access to training courses for their projectionists, technicians and managers. These courses are also available to other industry members. If you are interested in attending any of these courses, please contact us.
Arts Alliance Training

Regards,

Paul

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-25-2007 11:26 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting Paul, I wonder how much it costs? I may write and ask them.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: