Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Online source for FilmGuard and Media Pads?

Author Topic: Online source for FilmGuard and Media Pads?
Darren Michael Nemeth
Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2007 01:51 AM      Profile for Darren Michael Nemeth   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Michael Nemeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please excuse my lazyness, however, I see the list of authorised distributors of FilmGuard and Media Pads.

A lone distributor in my state only does C.O.D. Not good as I never have that much cash on hand.

Is there a place online where I can order off a site?

If not, which closest to Michigan takes phone credit card orders? No C. O. D., please.

There is so many to choose from and don't want to rack up a huge phone bill calling around.

Thank you in advance. [Smile]

Darren

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-15-2007 01:54 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get it from GTS off of ebay. There are plenty of others too, but I am not completely familiar with which ones do. I believe Jack Roe takes credit card orders as well.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-15-2007 09:45 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hadden Theatre Supply's problem with credit cards is that the small markup does not allow for reimbursal of the fees (and it is not allowed to add for credit card service. Louis

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-15-2007 04:14 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cardinal Sound does take credit cards.

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2007 08:02 PM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GTS is good if you want to do it through Paypal. I do wish someone had this in a store so we could purchase it and media easily through the net. I'd do it, but I'm not a seller of Film Guard, though I would be if I could.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2007 07:19 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have ordered a few items from R.S. Engineering in the past, and they seem pretty good. They have FilmGuard and Media Pads available from their on-line store :

RSEM Equipment

Darren Michael Nemeth
Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2007 05:58 PM      Profile for Darren Michael Nemeth   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Michael Nemeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies. [Smile]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-24-2007 12:05 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
give CLACO a call for FilmGuard as well ... 1-801-355-1250. They take the major plastic credit cards (V and MC). Not sure of their prices for FG, but their excellent service will help you out some.

Darren Michael Nemeth
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2007 01:10 AM      Profile for Darren Michael Nemeth   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Michael Nemeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information, everyone. I just bought the stuff from the eBay seller.

Right now I don't have a Kelmar cleaner. The one I do have is an United Artists 35mm Movie Film Cleaner, just like the one seen in this ended auction; Item number 260065447848.

Has anyone ever McGyver'ed this. or the pad hubs, so the pads can be used on it? I am sure I can come up with something if pointed in the right direction.

The drill press is in the next room. [Smile]

Most of the prints I have are very clean, anyway.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: