Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » happy feet dts disc prob

Author Topic: happy feet dts disc prob
Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2006 05:52 PM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had any problems with the Happy Feet dts discs? When I tried to load the discs(there are two)into our XD10,a message comes up saying something like 'Not a matched set' and promtly ejects the discs.The same applies when I tried to load one of our 6D's-all THREE drawers eject.We have three sets of discs,all have the same fault.Perhaps its just a faulty batch.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2006 08:25 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firmware version?
I have not had any issues in 3 DTS houses running the same print.

Alex Cross
Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2006 04:34 PM      Profile for Alex Cross   Email Alex Cross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Don't know what cinema chain you work for, but we recieved an email saying that the discs supplied would not play with the XD10, with out an update that DTS were rushing out. It will play fine on the 6D though. I'd chase up your engineer if you have one.

Regards,

Alex

Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2006 07:38 PM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.It seems we need version 2 firmware to make the discs work.I will have to contact DTS as they have not contacted us as far as I know.By the way Alex,I work for Cineworld(ex UGC site).We have Kinoton FP40's/ST200 platters/ASK 1 computer automation.

Hasse Sjoberg
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2006 12:52 PM      Profile for Hasse Sjoberg   Email Hasse Sjoberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. I updated our XD10s yesterday (3 of our 6 theatres have XD10), and it works like a charm with Happy Feet. According to our engineer, the info supplied by DTS is that the update is just a small, non critical one...
I have also heard (unconfirmed rumors) that a few theatres can't read "Holiday" DTS-discs prior to the update (version 2.00.40, BTW).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: