Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » lume-x lamphouse

Author Topic: lume-x lamphouse
Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2006 07:17 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gut the only lume-x lamp house in Israel
Recently I got problems to ignite
When pushing the bottom nothing happened
After I try a few times it ignite HELP

|  IP: Logged

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raphael: Is the cover on good and tight (with the "screw" on the upper right-hand rear side of the cover) holding down the kill switch (I apologize to the techs out there for my limited vocabulary). I am familiar with Lumex lamphouses, though. What is happening? You push the start button and what...silence? Is it even clicking or attempting to light? Then, by the third time, it finally ignites? Is the power supply engaging? Maybe you need to turn up the amperage on the rectifier. What amperage are you running at on the meter on the back panel of your Lumex? Then, there could always be a problem with your igniter board inside the case. What color is your Lumex housing (yellow or gray)? Check all the electrical connections and make sure they are tight, both inside the lamphouse and inside the rectifier (make sure that the power is OFF to the rectifier before you do this!!!). They DO come loose over time!
[Smile]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-07-2006 08:39 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean you are pressing a manual ignition button, or the on/off switch, Raphael? Is it a regular Lumex or a Super Lumex (I don't know regular Lumexes to have a manual ignition button).

Assuming that the bulb is good, check all the things that Justin pointed out. [thumbsup] Then post a little more information, please.

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2006 08:19 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iwill try to explain better this time, On the back there are two switches one for auto/manual
the second is on/off. To ignite I switch to auto the power supply contactor click and nothing happened.
I switch to manual and to auto again suddenly it ignite or if I wait for 10 sec it also ignite but not always.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-08-2006 09:54 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is highly possible that it is either the airflow switch or the lid switch

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-08-2006 04:42 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Gordon said. Clean the air intake grille and then inspect the airflow switch -- located at the output end of the blower housing opening, inside the lamphouse. Often, the little airflow vane will get covered in dirt and will be slow to operate.

Let us know what you find.

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2006 06:31 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The step down transformer 230/115 was difect(in Israel a sigle phase is 230v).It gave only 105v.
I change it and now it ignite instantly.Thank you guys

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: