Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Wake-up Pre-set Volume on THIS Panastereo

Author Topic: Wake-up Pre-set Volume on THIS Panastereo
Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2006 12:36 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how I could set this thing to boot up at
a level that is not going to send everyone deaf?

Normally the panel boots up into 5 LED's but sometimes it boots to 5 LED's a skipped one and the 7th on. Which is very LOUD.

-
VOLUME PANEL
 -
WIDE VOLUME/PROJ

-
There is NO radio or HELICOPTER on this rewind bench OK!!!

Bill.

RAY?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-15-2006 02:16 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which processor do you have....all you showed was the remote.

You might also contact the people at Panastereo.com. Ray is not always speedy on email and I don't know if he frequents Film-Tech anymore.

Steve

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2006 06:20 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,
Spiro formerly Rays right hand man at panastereo has set up his own company Intec Pacific and can be contacted at intec@unwired.com.au

or 0418 102 028

He sells FilmGuard [Big Grin]

It may just be time to change the battery (every 10 years or so?)

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2006 09:48 AM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Of the 16 screens only 4 have Panastereo stuff,
the rest are Dolby Cp500's.

The Panastereo's are just very old (circa 1995 vintage)
I'll get a photo and model number today.

Ive never seen those remotes before, and I hate them.
Why there is a seperate 'film' and 'non-sync' fader is beyond me, after all the automation computer does not require two.

-

Cameron,

Hmmm, West Ryde eh, where do you work? Private mail me.
Let me know if you need anyone after xmas. (I'll be avail)
How's Mitch going????!!!

Do you think the battery would be in the remote or the proccessor (I think the 4 are cp1200's)
Regardless of the battery being expired, there must be some how to command the thing to go to a preset volume at bootup. (without putting in a fake 9am session 'House-up, NonSync,Fader 7)

Bill.

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-16-2006 10:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the remotes are a big selling point of the CSP1200 for me.

The separate volumes are handy since people like to have different Non-Sync and film levels. In fact, the CSP1200 can allow for conventional pots again with separate non-sync and film levels.

Now I'm not quite sure why on the digital fader side that there needed to be two separate encoders...perhaps Ray will eventually chime in on the reasoning.

I'd be surprised that you have CSP1200s since the remotes you show are not ones I've seen. On a CSP1200, the CM436 is programmable with dip switches to set things like the volume.

On the options A switch bank...switch 8, if on will wake up a CSP1200 at fader setting of 7.0 and in Film Stereo. When switch 8 is off, it should wake up where it last was. The Battery to maintain this feature is soldered on the CM436.

Again, I don't think you have CSP1200s.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2006 04:21 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill

The Open Air Cinema is looking for an full time operator starting in january for 6 or so weeks, fantastic state of the art equipment, 85 ft screen in the harbour, infront of the opera house and harbour bridge. good money. 2000 seats 95% of the time full.

Battery is in the processer on the control logic card,needs a soldering iron, mine needs replacing at the moment!! resets to 70 every night, otherwise it remembers last setting.

Personally working at a manual cinema, I like the remote. Although mine is a different model.

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that remote was like the one we got with our first unit from Ray (about the third one he made I think).
After about 12 months of use, Ray asked if there was anything we would change and we answered "Yes, the remote." He changed it soon after to the beautiful unit we have now with its rotary trim pots.
I find it handy to have separate level settings for film, non sync and monitor.
You can have 2 remotes on the Panastereo, which would be handy. I would love to have a second unit in the auditorium (hidden, of course).
Spiro is doing an excellent job for us, incidently.

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-17-2006 12:28 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the AFI/Silver, we actually have THREE remotes on each CSP1200!

What I wished Ray made was a fader only version of the remote for an auditorium fader...likewise for the booth monitor...it would be nice to have a remote fader for it.

Steve

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-17-2006 01:24 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, in our primary booth with custom automation, we have 5 remotes in 225 sq. feet. Of course, we're a manual changeover booth and we mostly use them for format selection, esp. during our trailer reel which frequently has mono and SR, and sometimes other stuff. One remote at each 35mm projector, one at the 16mm projector, one at the inspection bench, and one on the microcontroller itself.

I suppose if we were designing the system this century we'd have wireless [Smile]

--jhawk

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-17-2006 08:27 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...if you are going to get into a remote war....I was merely referring to the Panastereo remotes...there is also the Crestron system at the AFI/Silver that also affords full control (including controlling much of the CP200)...and there are indeed wireless remotes on the Crestron system.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-17-2006 08:59 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
there is also the Crestron system at the AFI/Silver
Gee and you didn't hook it up to the toilet flush valves????? [Confused]

The ultimate in remote systems I know of is the Lee Library at BYU... They have no less than 9 Crestron systems and a master Strand lighting system that encompasses 68 remote lighting stations(I installed and programmed all of those!). The Lee Library is getting a newly rebuillt Eastman 25 in its screening room right after Turkey Day [thumbsup] . I will post a few pictures of the latter after the install as it will be a very unique system.

Even the film storage vault at the Lee which is four stories underground has a triple environmental control system in case one... or two of them fails....

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: