Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Parts Source for Cinemation 2000 Switches?

Author Topic: Parts Source for Cinemation 2000 Switches?
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-29-2006 03:58 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks, I have inherited a bunch of Cinemation 2000 units to service. Oh, joy! [Razz]

Does anyone know a supplier for the push-button switches on the front panel? I think they're called Shadow Switches, but the only ones I can find are used in Kelmar dimmers, and they are a bit wide to properly fit in the C2K opening without being shaved down considerably. This looks very crappy.

I am not happy doing it this way, so I am trying to locate a source for the proper devices. Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-29-2006 04:20 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby used the narrow ones as well

I think these might work

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchBrowseAction.do?D=pcb%20switch%20led&Ntt=pcb%20switch%20led&Nr=avl%3auk&Ntk=I18NAll&N=0&Nty=1&name=SiteStandard&forwardingPage=line&R=2112329&callingPage=/jsp/search/search.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1041839975.11621 60160@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddjfdkflkgcefeceefdffhdffo.0&cacheID=uknetscape

[URL=http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchBrowseAction.do?D=pcb%20switch%20led&Ntt=pcb%20switch%20led&Nr=avl%3auk&Ntk=I18NAll&N=0&Nty=1&name=SiteStandard&forwardingPage=line&R=1848730&callingPage=/jsp/search/search.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1041839975. 11621]http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchBrowseAction.do?D=pcb%20switch%20led&Ntt=pcb%20switch%20led&Nr=avl%3auk&Ntk=I18NAll&N=0&Nty=1&name=SiteStandard&forwardingPage=line&R=1848730&callingPage=/jsp/search/search.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1041839975 .11621[/URL] 60160@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddjfdkflkgcefeceefdffhdffo.0&cacheID=uknetscape

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-30-2006 05:22 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help, Gordon. The link shows: "To protect your personal and contact details your session has timed out after a period of inactivity". If I'm seeing what you searched correctly, though, everything pictured looks too wide still. The surface of the switches I need are very narrow... taller than they are wide. The ones on the RS website (at least, the ones I found) look square. Not sure these will work?? [Confused]

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2006 06:07 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh McCullough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tim.

When I was at the old Odeon Wimbledon we had a prototype of the Cinemation 2000 installed by Bernard Bently.
When he retired, I believe, but am not certain, that all his business was taken over by Technical Lamp Supplies.
They do not appear to have a web site, but their address is:-
Technical Lamps Ltd.
Milton Hall
Milton Road
Hampton
Middlesex
TW12 2LL
UK
Tel 020-8979-6652
Maybe they can be of help

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-30-2006 09:32 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Hugh.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-30-2006 09:34 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Thats a sure good enough excuse to take a trip to the UK if ever there was one..... Cinemation parts!

Mark

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2006 05:08 AM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, TLS do hold a stock of spare parts for the 200x and AL87 and 92 units. Their website is TLS UK.

I think the person you want to speak to is Matt Jahans, his contact e-mail address is on the site.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 11-01-2006 12:06 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: